Echo hydrogen water devices use electrolysis to separate water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen gas. The oxygen gas is sent out to atmosphere and the hydrogen gas is dissolved into the water, creating hydrogen-rich water. The Echo Go+ device has two platinum coated electrodes separated by a proton exchange membrane. Water is added to the electrolytic chamber where the water molecules are separated into hydrogen and oxygen gas. The PEM separating the electrodes prevents the hydrogen from mixing with the oxygen, allowing only hydrogen gas to be dissolved into the water. The resulting hydrogen-rich water can then be consumed. Studies have shown consumption of hydrogen gas in water to be beneficial for health and wellness.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Product Comparisons
- What is PPM?
- Exploring Home Water Filters: Types and Their Pros and Cons
- Deuterium Reduction in Water Using Filters Containing Carbon and KDF-55
- Finding Solutions: What to Do When Your Product Isn't Working Properly
- What do our Filters Remove?
- The Do's and Don'ts of Storing Hydrogen Water
- Not Covered Under Warranty
- How long does Hydrogen last in water?